Paragliding All Emergencies Training (SIV-II)
PARAGLIDING EMERGENCIES (SIV-II - COMPLETE SIV) TRAINING
We can define SIV as "Simulation of the Incidents in the Flight". The aim of the SIV training, which is one of the most important milestones of a paragliding pilot in his/her flight life, is to experience safely how you can overcome the adverse situations that may happen in your flight life. Trainings are performed over large volumes of water mass for safety purposes and emergency teams are always there for prompt action.
SIV Training Stages includes SIV maneuvers that the pilots who have completed P4 training and will start to sail flight and thermal flight. These practices are also important and effective to increase self-confidence. After these practices, paragliding performance, how the parachute wants to fly in the air and how to prevent small troubles from turning to a disaster will be felt and learned easily. For the pilots who want to do distance flight, it is extremely dangerous to fly in the too thermal and turbulence conditions without doing these trainings.
Emergency maneuvers will be told by instructor pilots with videos in theoretical courses and trainees apply the things that must be paid attention during their practice with the simulator.
The training flights are video recorded, and they are evaluated by trainers after the flights so that learners can gain the perfect flight technique.
DUTIES REQUIRED TO BE ACCOMPLISHED:
The trainee must perform spiral diving, asymmetric collapse, coordinated asymmetric collapse, front collapse, deep wingover and deep stall, spin, B-Line stall and full stall maneuvers in accelerated and dynamic way and demonstrate right entry and exit at least once.
- Reserve Parachute Packing and Mounting
- Reserve Opening Practices When Hung by the Risers
- Pitching and Stopping with Brake
- Pitching and Stopping with Dynamic Turn
- Effective Big Ears (Speed System, Turns with Weight)
- Front Collapse (3-5 Seconds and Without Brake)
- “B” Stall (3-5 Seconds)
- Deep Stall (3-5 Seconds)
- Progressive Exit from 1 Tour Spiral
- Dynamical Exit from 1 Tour Spiral
- Maintaining Direction by Shifting Weight without Brake in the Asymmetric Collapse
- Turning to the Opposite Direction in the Asymmetric Collapse
- Asymmetric Collapse with Speed System
- Rotation during Asymmetric Collapse (Maximum 2 tours)
- Reserve Parachute Opening Procedure Applying Success (If Opened)
- Full Stall,
- Back Flight,
- Opening Reserve Parachute*
* Trainer will decide to do these maneuvers according to the general performance of the trainee.
THEORETICAL TRAINING PROGRAM
- Emergencies Training,
- SIV Training
- Deep Stall
- Asymmetric Collapse
- Front collapse
- Big Ears
- Spiral Dive
- Full Stall
- Back Flight
- Opening Reserve Parachute
The course will last until all pilot candidates have training in the same standards.
- Ölüdeniz, 30 August – 01 September 2019
All pilots who will join the course must meet the conditions below.
- Being in the paragliding pilot (P4) level.
- Having own paragliding parachute set.
- Having no health condition that may prevent participants from flying. (Pilots who have health conditions related to epilepsy, asthma, heart, waist and spine cannot join)
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED IN THE FEE
- Flight equipment (may be rented if desired)
- Transportation to the flight region and accommodation fees
- All personal expenditures
- Insurance and certificate fees
- The learner capacity is limited to 14 people.
- Our club reserves its right to cancel the course due to the meteorological conditions. In this case, you can either join a course in a different period or get your money back.
- Paragliding is actually a safe nature sport if performed within the limits and appeals to a quite large population. However, this sport is not an activity like the ones we do every day such as walking or running and may not be suitable for everyone. Therefore, our priority is always SAFETY during this training period and the training of learners who are not considered suitable for paragliding sports may be stopped at any stage and again, if practicing this sport threatens the lives of learners, their training is stopped at any stage. Trainee's objections will not be accepted at this point.
- Reserve Folding
- Full SIV Training (SIV II)
- SIV Training Book
- Speed boat
- This activity does not contain accommondation.
- Transportation is not included